Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kane: A True Artist

Ira Bloom, Jr., better known to his peers as Kane, was born with a passion for music and entertaining. He's had the opportunity to work with different DJ's and had a great buzz in the music industry for a period of time. Check out our interview below.


So what encouraged you to pursue a career in the music industry?


Kane - Well I come from a background of Musicians, so music is something that's just second nature to me; although music wasn't my first love it has always been something that I loved to follow since a very young age. Plus I've always felt that I have a gift with delivering a message or telling a story that can reach and touch others, so what better way than through music can I deliver my messages.

Wow, interesting. I agree, music is a great way to tell a story. How long have you been doing music? Describe your style of music.


Kane - I've been doing music my whole life honestly, but as far as a career I'm seven years deep in it now. My music is just life, life through my eyes and my understanding of it; whether it's balling in the club or going through a struggle; where it's been promiscuous or being in a monogamous relationship; whether it's about politics or spirituality. My music is just reality.

Kane, I must say that I can feel the passion you have for music. It's so genuine. What makes you different versus your competitors in the industry?


Kane - I can't say that it's much of a difference between me and my competitors because we all have a goal to either try to make it or get better and have longevity in the game, but what I will say is what separates me from other rappers is my reason to pursue my music. We all seek to make a dollar, but I feel my purpose is much bigger than a dollar and the fame that comes with it. I feel my message is the true value  of it all. Of course I will entertain you with swagger and the creativity of my sound, but I also seek to reach and enlighten you as well. Listen to the messages in my recently released mixtape entitled Rap Justice.

Nice way to put it. I'll be sure to listen to the messages. Name 3 people that inspire you and why? 


Kane - Everybody I know and have known inspired me in some way whether it was good or bad. But if I was to choose 3 as far as my music,  I would say my Mom, Tupac, and my manager Kapital. My mom inspired me by her collection of different genres of music she use to listen to when I was growing up; every Saturday she would clean up the house from sun up to sun down, and she will be playing everything from Gospel, Jazz, Classical, to R&B. I remember how good it felt just to see her smiling and dancing. That amazed me growing up to see how music made her happy. Tupac music inspired me to never forget where I come from, taught me how to not be afraid to speak what I feel, and to always stand for what I believe in as an artist in this game. My manager Kapital he inspired me everyday, because he was the first person to ever really believe in me. I mean, I have had people that said the believe in me, but Kapital was the first to ever show me by taking action and playing a part in my career. Together we are seven years deep in it, and he is still riding with me on this journey.

I like how you didn't just list out celebrities  who inspire you. Kane, I'm sure you're an inspiration to many. Who are some artists that you've worked with? Anyone internationally?


Kane - I've worked with a lot of artists such as Black Zu's from New Jersey, Smooth who is also from New Jersey. QD, Dr. Zoe, U.B. from Maybach Latino, and the list goes on and on. I have also worked with international artist Ray-J who blessed me with a feature on my Hit single That Girl, and D.J. Kay Slay the Drama King who hosted my second mixtape; but I love to work with the future of the game; the upcoming artists more.

So you've definitely worked with quite a verity. Are you currently working on any new projects or events? 


Kane - Well in December of 2011 I dropped my third mixtape which is titled "Rap Justice", and you can go download it for free off of Datpiff.com. We are also working on another 24/7 Hustle Ent Mixtape which features myself, Gudda Fresh, and Relo the two other artists on the label; but this year expect more videos from me on youtube, so subscribe to my youtube channel Kanetubetv & Kanetubetv247, and connect with me on Twitter @kane247 @kane247hustle to get instant updates about the moves I'll be making.

What are your future goals as an artist?

Kane - One of my main goals is to make sure I fulfill my purpose. I just don't want to be the type of artist that everybody respect because I made it or because I'm getting money and driving nice cars, and sleeping in nice cribs, that's not what I want to be known or remembered for. I want to be known for making great music of course, but I want to be remembered and respected for the messages I put in my music.


This was a wonderful interview with Kane. Please be sure to support him & his music. Also, stay tuned for Thursday as I will be posting an interview with his Manager Kapital. We will see the music industry from an Artist Manager's perspective!

0 comments:

Post a Comment