Friday, August 10, 2012

Pure Creator: Vavi Crude


Check out my interview below with Ms. Vavi Crude! 




Tell me about yourself.

I’m a pure creator. Many refer to me as the “weird chick” and I embrace it. It means I’m doing SOMETHING right. To be “weird” means I’m noticed for my originality. That’s the utmost compliment to an artist.

I'm sure it is. What is your profession in the industry? Tell me of when you discovered your talent.

I’m a visual artist. Over the years I’ve acquired so many skills that I can no longer tie myself to a single profession. I do it all, from drawing portraits and painting murals to mastering photoshop which lead to a career in graphic design, including animation. I’m a crude tagger when time allows. When I find myself around a blank canvas, whether it be a pair of shoes, some one's nails, a wall, it doesn't matter. I grab a marker or some paint and get down to business. I’ve always been hungry to grow as an artist every since grade school. Once I discovered that my passion could be my career, I set out to conquer my dreams of being a memorable creator. 

Wonderfully put. That feeling of when you discover all that you can do with what you're passionate in is indescribable. What are some challenges that you face working in this industry? 

Wow, where do I begin. At this point I would have to say one of the challenges would be establishing a lane. By doing so many different styles of art, I’ve easily gotten lost in the mix. There are so many talented artists in the world, but the key to being noticed is branding your own originality. For example, Picasso, Dali, Andy Warhol... These are all names that we’ve heard of. I hope to one day be apart of a list of memorable artists. The most important challenge to overcome as an artist is tuning the world out. Yes, I’m aiming to be noticed, but It can’t be done until the criticism and opinions of the world are ignored. I recently discovered that subconsciously I’ve been letting the world edit my expression. The realization was a hard pill to swallow but also a breathe of fresh air. It filled an emptiness I was feeling with each project I created. I’m no longer giving “projects”. I’m giving out my signature to be seen by the world. Not just some artist. I’m Vavi Crude!

Woah! Your answer was so powerful. I believe that you will be very prosperous by keeping that mindset. Very impressive Vavi. Who have you done work for?

I’m the visual curator for Jr.Celeb, a business full of talented minds based in Chicago. 
I’ve done a number of visuals for hip-hop artists from all over. Some of my work will be debuted as the cover art for upcoming Chicago artists such as Jon Content, WeWinnin, and a collaboration piece for Freddy Boom.  I’ve lost count of the number of logos, flyers, illustrations, portraits, nails, shirts, shoes, tattoo sketches.. I mean the list goes on. See, I had to choose a lane! 

You definitely have a mix of experience. Are there any new projects/events that you’re working on? 

I’m currently painting... ALOT. I will be having an art show at the end of this month. It’s time to show Chicago that I’m here and there’s a bunch of dope shit going on in my brain. Give the world a preview of what’s to come from Vavi Crude.

An art show?! Wow! I'd love to come to it. Remember to give me the information. What can we expect from Vavi Crude in the future?

I'm in the process of studying the art of tattooing. That, along with becoming a nail artist along side amazing designer, Spifster, of Chicago. These two crafts are things I’ve put off for a while in order to learn the ins and outs of graphic design. Im ready to get my hands dirty again, I’m ready to make love to the Ink , paint, and polish. Birth some amazing CRUDE pieces. Its time to show what I can do. I plan to exceed my expectations, I always seem to surprise myself by breaking the limits I place in my own path. I’m ready to grow!


Be on the look out for this phenomenal young creator, Vavi Crude. This won't be the last that you hear about her :).


Contact
Twitter: @Vavicrude

0 comments:

Post a Comment