Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Working In The Film Industry: Ray Morales JR

Check out my interview below with Ray Morales Jr as he discusses his life and experience of working in the film industry!

I'd like to know more about you. Where are you from? Can you give me a snippet of your background?


Ray - I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I was the only child and my mother raised me. It wasn't easy growing up in North Philadelphia with all the bad influences around but I somehow found a way to stay out of trouble. I graduated from Northeast High School and moved to Florida when I was 22 years old to start my college career at Full Sail University.

Nice. When did you first decide to work in the film industry?


Ray - I first decided to work in the film industry when I watched my first film. It was the horror movie "Halloween", and I will never forget the effect and impact that movie had on my life. I t inspired me to become a filmmaker and learn all the tricks and trades on how to make a film. I also loved music videos, and watched them constantly as a teenager and also pictured myself making them one day. I loved director Hype Williams and wanted to be on his level of expertise. Hype Williams has influenced me to be in this industry and if you watch some of my videos you will see some of his signature effects.

That's very intriguing! Have you worked on any recent projects? Are you working on anything in the future?


Ray - I just finished working on two music videos, one for a local artist by the name of "Peter Pills", and one for an upcoming Philadelphia group "Top of Philly". Right now I'm working on a promotional video for SCMCMUSICCONFRENCE.COM, and in pre production for a new music video for a local Orlando artist "Peter Pills". I am also making a trip to Louisiana, and Texas this month for two more music videos and a couple of photo shoots.

That's wonderful Ray. I wish you the best in all of your projects and success in the industry! What are your goals as you continue to work in the entertainment industry?


Ray - My goal is to become a lead editor for a huge production company. I will also like to be a well-known music video director like "Mr. Hype Williams" himself, and would like to make a huge impact in the music video industry. I want people to know who I am and recognize me for my great projects and put my STAMP in this industry.

I definitely wish Ray the best as he continues to strive to reach his goals. I believe in him! Everyone look out for Ray Morales!


Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/user6174853


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Ray.Morales.Jr


Twitter: @RayMoralesJR



0 comments:

Post a Comment