Friday, March 23, 2012

Nawfwest Nyce

Check out my interview with an upcoming artist Darren "Nawfwest Nyce".


From what I understand you're an aspiring artist raised in San Antonio, Texas. Can you tell me more about your background?


Nyce - I was born in NY and my family moved down here when I was little. I lived the life just like everyone else. Good times, bad times. Did good, did bad. But I think it's different for me because I learned from my experiences and never let any of it hold me back. I'm 23 years old. My stage name is "Nawfest Nyce". I came up with the name because I live on the Northwest side of town and my friends have been calling me Nyce since forever so I just put the two together.

That's creative because honestly I was trying to figure out how that name came about. How long have you been doing music? 


Nyce - I've been doing music for years. It's always been a love of mine. I can think back to middle school banging on the table and freestyling with my people. As I got older, I started getting serious with it and exploring my talent and showcasing it. So from a serious aspect I'd say about 3 years now.

So Nyce what makes your music different from other artists in the industry? 


Nyce - My music is different because I stay away from the norm. I don't follow the trends. In the words of Big Krit, "I'm trying to make timeless music that lasts forever". I tell my life story in my music, and there's a meaning behind every line. I tell it all from my lowest to my highest moments.

That's abnormal these days. Stick to doing that and I'm sure you'll continue to be unique in the industry. Are you currently working on any  new projects or events?


Nyce - I just released my second solo project titled "Born To Win" so I've been pushing that pretty hard. I got a few vid shoots and shows lined up to end this month off. So I'm just making as much progress as I can.

I wish you the best with that. What are your future goals as  an artist Nyce? 


Nyce - I want to touch lives with my music. I never thought I would, but I already am. A few people have told some of my songs have made them see things differently or change the way they think for the better. That's crazy to me! I also want to learn every aspect of the game. I'm learning to dj and produce now. Once I get that down I want to learn some of the business side of it.

That's wonderful. It's such a great feeling when your creative works impact others. I wish Nawfwest Nyce the best in his career. Look out for this artist!



Official Site: www.yaboynyce.com
Twitter: @NYCE210
Facebook: /NYCE210

0 comments:

Post a Comment