Wednesday, March 28, 2012

B'More: New Mixtape Release

Check out my interview below with B'More as he discusses the release of his new mixtape!


Congrats to the release of your new mixtape! Can you tell me more about it?


B'More - Thank you so much, it's been a lot of hard work and took a lot of patience on this project. It is a 14 track album with two Spoken words done by my long time friend and brother Robert Swain Jr. It's my second mixtape in the last year and already it has gained great reviews from New Jersey to Orlando to France, and of course the Virgin Islands.

It sounds intriguing. What collaborations have you done?


B'More - Collaborations on the album are "Xcel da don", Da Jedi, up and coming duo by the name of "Epik and Neekz". I also networked  with some producers from France by the name of "Engy". There is "Mtech" who goes to Full Sail University from LA, Chaurbin "Bition" Smith who is my big brother from the Virgin Islands attending Full Sail University as well. "Michael  "Cavy" Kavangh" who is from the VI and also attends Full Sail University. I tried to stretch my hands and open my options and my music creativity to make the mixtape stand out.

Wow, that's a lot of collabs. Congrats on that too! So B'More, what song would you recommend me to listen to off your mixtape and why?


B'More - This is a tough question cause I feel like every song relates to different situations in our lives. There's the club song, the relationship song, the song for the middle of the night "if you know what I mean". There's that song that will take you to that place where you get inspired. But my personal favorite will be the one  I will release pretty soon as my new single is "Last One". It speaks volume to a relationship and the stuff you go through. It convinces you not to leave and start a brand new relationship with someone else because you have problems with your significant other. It surrenders you to stay and work it out because you want to be the "Last One" ever go through something with because that's when "Forever" starts.

It sounds like you have a variety of topics on your mixtape. I'll just listen to the whole thing. Are you currently working on any new projects or events?


B'More - I am presently working on a 3-part documentary. Part 1 and 2 are out and will be released this  week. It's called "B'More's ForeverMusic Mixtape Series". It's just about my life and my journey through the Mixtape. I just felt that my fans never got to see that side of me because it's very genuine and I felt it they saw my hard work instead of seeing the gift and hearing they will appeal more to my music. It's a difference  when people see hard work. I am also in  the process of putting together a mini tour around the Virgin  Islands with fellow rap artist Da Jedi, since my mixtape is out and his album is releasing in June 2012 so we are bringing that into fruition by next month. I have a show on April 2nd and then on the 20th. So I am getting ready for those.

I'm so happy for you B'More. I think that your documentary is a great way to engage with your fans. What point do you think you are at in life? 


B'More - At this point of my life you can say that I'm still an inspiration for anyone who came up from nothing, becoming into someone great. I'm a RnB artist staying true to God, love, myself, and most of all the essence of music and what it truly does to the human race. I am at a good place in my life, a year away from graduating from college and I'm finding myself more and more each day through my passion, music.


I am so happy that things are wonderfully coming together for B'More. He's a wonderful person and artist. Please support his new mixtape!


Download Mixtape: reverbnation.com/Bmoresmusic
Twitter: @bmoresmusic
Fan Page: Facebook.com/mckenziebaltimore

0 comments:

Post a Comment