Friday, April 6, 2012

Simone The Fashion Stylist: "Simonipulation"

Check out my interview below with fashion stylist, Simone Webb!


I know you're from Buffalo, NY. Could you tell me more about your background and childhood?

Simone - I grew up semi-poor I guess you can say. My parents split up when I was 5 and I lived with my mother and 2 brothers. We struggled a lot but I was a happy kid. I was a nerd in school and always got good grades. I was always very social and often got into too much trouble for talking too much in class. I always had lots of friends and even when I was young, I had a strong fashion sense.

I love your work. When did you know that you wanted to become a fashion stylist/consultant? What inspired you?

Simone - I actually discovered what I wanted to do about a year ago. I started off going to college for communications, and then switched to early childhood thinking that I wanted to be a teacher. Then I finally sat down and thought about what I was really good at. Every time we went out my friends would all ask my for my opinion, or I would end up somehow picking out their outfits. So I decided that I was going to be a stylist. I asked 2 of my closest friends and they told me to go from there. The rest is history!

That's cool! Can you tell me more about "Simonipulation" and what it means?

Simone - Simonipulation is a mix of my name, Simone, and manipulation. What I do to a person's style, look, and wardrobe is manipulation. I put my own  little flavor, twist, and style on something and people always tell me that the looks I put together are nothing they would ever fathom.

That is so creative. I love it! Are there any other services that you offer besides styling?

Simone - I also make custom made earrings, and I act as a personal shopper!

Oh yes, I've seen your earrings and they are very unique! I will definitely hire you as my personal shopper one day too. What is your overall goal for "Simonipulation"?

Simone - I want to make Simonipulation a household name! I want the world to know what I can do, but I also want to inspire others to follow their dreams no matter what. I have no college degree, no big support system, and Lord knows I'm not rich, but what I do have is ambition, and a drive for success. I won't stop until I'm dead!












Simone's story is truly inspiring. Become a fan of "Simonipulation" on Facebook!





0 comments:

Post a Comment